Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love-A-Thon Y. A. Event Hosted by Katelyn Torrey


Hello to all the bloggers!!!

I am so excited to take part in the LoveAthon and looking forward to meeting new people!

I would like to thank each and every book blogger out there. You guys are changing the industry in a positive way. You benefit readers by introducing them to new books. You benefit authors by giving them your time, honest reviews and a platform to showcase their work. Your passion and dedication astounds me. I know many of the Y.A. book bloggers have very busy schedules with school, work, friends and life but you make and take the time to work on a labor of love!

This blog is a bit different that most participating in this event. I am the author of The Virgin Diaries. My mother Ann Werner and I created the book together as a way to help virgins with questions, get a better understanding of what to expect emotionally where first time sex is concerned. This blog is an offshoot of TVD and is a place for teens and virgins of all ages to create a dialogue about sex in a way that is comfortable and informative with no judgement. The collection of posts collected on this blog may result in a book. Your contribution is welcome. My email is on the top left of the page. It went live in January 2012 and below I've listed links to a few of the posts.

A special thank you to Katelyn Torrey (@KatelynTorrey) for hosting this event!!! Stop by her Twitter page to find out more about the event and all that are participating. And thank you for stopping by! :)

Kimberley A. Johnson

Like The Virgin Diaries Facebook page

The Virgin Diaries: Review Katelyn by Torrey


Jude Henderson on Virginity & Sex For The Wrong Reason

When I Lost My Virginity by Kimberley Johnson

Sex: Myth vs. Fact

Teens Talk About Sex And The Virgin Diaries  - Youtube with three 15 y/o girls.


Twitter:
@AuthorKimberley
@MsWerner




10 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by as part of the Book Bloggers Love A Thon. I've heard of your book, but haven't had the chance to read it. I have spent a ton of time here reading all your blog posts. It's all very interesting. I write older YA books and always think about how to portray sex realistically. Anyway, I'm glad I got to stop by and I am going to have to read your book! Take care - Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thank you for your kind words!!!!!! Nice to meet you! I will be checking out your blog soon...if I can stay awake! For sure tomorrow!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm here to spread book blogger (and also in your case, author) love! Thanks for such a heartfelt post. :) I absolutely love book blogging, and supporting authors. I think what you're doing here is a really nice way for young people to ask questions and gain information on a subject that can be hard to talk about. :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jana, nice to meet you!! I am all excited to meet everyone!! Happy LoveAThon!

      Delete
  3. I'm here as apart of the Love-A-Thon and love your post! I am reading TVD now, and I really like that this is a place where young people can come to talk about this subject that many people avoid!
    (New Follower)
    Kayla @ Simply Kayla's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayla,

      Thank you for the comment. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on TVD! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm here as part of the Love-A-Thon and I'm glad for it! I hadn't heard of this blog or book before but I just want to say that I think it is great what you have done and I hope that you get a lot of publicity for it!
    Sex and virginity is such a large taboo-fuelled, and just embarrassing topic for many people to talk about that it's nice to see you trying to make a difference. -nods-

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faye,

      Thanks for stopping by and your nice message!
      Looking fwd to checking out your site!
      K

      Delete
  5. Hopping through as part of the Love-A-Thon - I've seen your book on various sites and remember Katelyn's review of it as well; and though I haven't read it yet, the concept of it is absolutely amazing. I love that it shares experiences and stories of all varieties. Likewise, I love your blog for being an extension of that and allowing an open, honest space for these topics. Sex and virginity have a very weird place in people's lives these days because of media and exposure to it, and I think it's great that you're letting a place exist that can tell the truth of it and not glamourise (or demoralise) like most others today do.

    Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Ashley. I started from the bottom of Katelyn's list and am working my way up! Looking fwd to your blog!

      Delete